Cajun Soft Shell Crabs on Buns
- Soak the prepared crabs in the milk for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne in a bag and shake well.
- Remove the crabs from the milk and shake them, one at a time, in the bag of seasoned flour. After removing from the bag, shake off any excess flour.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the crabs, 2 at a time until crispy and browned, 4 - 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer them to paper towels to drain.
- Spread each toasted bun with cajun mayonnaise if desired. Sprinkle with scallions on the bottom half and top with the crab.