2 hrs 12 mins
These are fantastic! I use about 1 tablespoon of The Best Creole/Cajun Seasoning Mix in place of the seasoned salt. This recipe will give you about 14-16 patties, you can reduce to half if desired to give you 7-8 patties and use only a small egg. If you cannot fine Andouille sausage, then use kielbasa or smoked dry sausage. Use cooked shrimp for this. Plan ahead the total chilling time before cooking the cakes is 2-1/2 hours. I serve these with the lemon ailoi from my Salmon Cakes With Lemon Aioli For coating the outside cakes you can use panko.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cooked medium shrimp (cut into pieces, or you can use scallops)
- 8 -9 ounces andouille sausages, chopped
- 3 -5 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 small green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, slightly beaten (use an extra large egg or use 2 small eggs)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste or use white salt)
- black pepper
- 3 cups breadcrumbs, divided (made from crustless bread)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, with
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- 1Place the shrimp and chopped sausage in a food processor and process using on/off turns until coarsely chopped.
- 2In a skillet melt butter over medium heat; add in the onion, bell pepper and garlic, sauté stirring for about 4 minutes or until softened; transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Add in shrimp and sausage to the vegetable mixture.
- 4Stir in mayo, egg, 1 cup breadcrumbs, green onions, mustard, seasoned salt and black pepper; cover the mixture and chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
- 5Form the mixture into 15 (1-1/2-inch thick) patties.
- 6Place the remaining 2 cups breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- 7Coat each patty with the crumbs patting with hands to adhere.
- 8Transfer to a cookie sheet or large plate.
- 9Cover and chill for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- 10Heat the butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- 11Add in the shrimp cakes and cook about 6 minutes on each side or until browned.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Shrimp Cakes With Andouille Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.0
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 191.7 mg
- Sodium 841.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: