Recipe by Sharon123
This is one of Aaron's most popular recipes! Recipe courtesy Aaron McCargo, Jr.Show: The Next Food Network StarEpisode: Star Quality-Try the spice on other things like hard boiled eggs, potato salad, etc. It's delicious!
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
I agree with the previous review...the combination of the spicy Cajun rub and the cook goat cheese/mayo spread is perfect. I didn't make the rub but used one I had. Since I knew mine was uber-spicy, I used far less than the recipe called for and my sandwich still had a zing. Made for ZWT #9.
- 8 ounces salmon
- 1 -2 tablespoon seafood cajun seasoning (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 2 -3 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
Seafood Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon gumbo file
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
Goat Cheese and Lemon Mayonnaise
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces mayonnaise (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 sprigs parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the salmon with Seafood Cajun Seasoning.
- In a medium saute pan, saute salmon in butter on medium-high heat, fat side down, until golden brown. Using a metal spatula turn salmon over and cook until golden brown. Transfer salmon onto a small sheet tray and place in oven for 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest.
- Slice ciabatta roll lengthwise and place under broiler until lightly golden. Spread Goat Cheese and Lemon Mayonnaise on roll. Arrange salmon, lettuce, tomatoes and onions on roll. Enjoy!
- Seafood Cajun Seasoning:.
- In a medium bowl, combine cayenne pepper, kosher salt, paprika, black pepper, garlic, onion powder, gumbo file and crab boil seasoning.
- Goat Cheese and Lemon Mayonnaise:.
- In a medium bowl, mix goat cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.