Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
This is a simple and tasty steak from The Post Houses at the Lowell hotel in Manhattan. The times do not reflect marinating times.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 48 ounces rib eye steaks
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine oil, sliced onion, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon black pepper in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Add steaks to marinade, turning to coat.
- Spoon half of sliced onion evenly over steaks.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Remove steaks from marinade.
- Combine paprika, cayenne, salt, white pepper and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl.
- Sprinkle each side of each steak with 1 teaspoon spice mixture.
- Grill or broil steaks until cooked through, about 8 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Cut each steak in half.
- Divide steaks among plates; serve.
Yum a num! We loved these steaks! I used t-bones cause that's what I had here. I only used a half tsp of cayenne cause we're big sissies when it come to hot stuff. They still had lots of flavor. Thanks lazyme! Made for ZWT5 for the Kitchen Witches.
This was a wonderful cajun dish. I thought the spices blended well together, and it broiled up nicely. Thanks for sharing, lazyme. Made for ZWT5.
Full of flavor and spice! I served this with fresh greens topped with Babzy's Salad Dressing. It was a wonderful outdoor meal. Prepared for ZWT5 Team Jammin Java Jivers.