Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Such a simple, quick and delicious way to fix fish. Low-fat, low-sodium and healthy.
- 4 fish fillets (I like Talapia)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking pan with aluminum foil (optional, but makes clean-up a breeze!).
- Lay fish in pan.
- Spray with butter flavor spray.
- Sprinkle with cajun seasonings and bread crumbs.
- Flip fish over and repeat steps.
- Place in oven, bake about 3-5 minutes, flip fish and bake other side.
- Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cooking time will depend on thickness of fish used.
I like this!! I think this dish has a lot of potential, and I'm sure I'll will be make it again. Before attempting this again, I'll have to figure out what seasonings to use, by reading all of the review, and see that will work for others, and than for me, to make it more flavorful or lot better for me to do! Anyway, excellent to do a SCRATCH on recipes. The more I play with my food, the more I love cooking, to make a recipe that will work for me, that is!! Than I can do the happy food dance!! I've will added this to my recipe book with my additions. THANK YOU!!
The breading and the spice was really nice. I made it with the Talipia and me and my boyfriend agreed the fish tasted a little muddy. Next time I will make it with red snapper.
We really did not care for this all that much. The fish was really not all that flavorful (just spicy), and the coating fell off of the fish (I followed all of the directions exactly). Thank you for sharing the recipe though!