Recipe by Dancer^
Hamburger steak is a great method of enjoying hamburger without the bread. This Hamburger Steak recipe has a little twist in that not only hamburger meat is used. You can made the burgers up and freeze for future use.
Top Review by Gloria 15x
Love it, love it. We have two houses and an RV. Travel a lot. These taste wonderful and it is so nice to pull them out of the freezer. I made a bunch and wrapped them in plastic wrap. Now I can cook in the RV without spending a lot of time. Thanks for the idea. Gloria
- 3 lbs fresh ground beef
- 1 lb fresh fresh cajun sausage (or your choice, not smoked sausage)
- 4 -6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cayenne, if you want to spice it up
- 1 teaspoon your favorite dry steak seasoning
- 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 5 dashes liquid smoke
- 5 dashes soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions and bell pepper until wilted.
- Add green onions and saute a few more minutes.
- Add this to the meat mixture along with other seasonings and mix well.
- Form the steaks, and broil on each side until brown.
- Move the pan to the oven and add about 1/2 cup of water to the pan and cover with foil.
- Continue to cook at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes then use a meat thermometer to check internal temperature; it should be: no less than 160°F (medium) and 170°F (well done).
- Add more water if needed and brush a little water over the steaks.
- Continue to cook until desired temperature is achieved.
- Lower fire to 250°F, check and add water if needed and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush with water, and/or sauce and leave covered for about 10 minutes.
- On the side sauté some onions, bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Add seasoning and a little instant roux to make a sauce.
- You can also make a roasted pepper sauce.
- Pour sauce and some veggies on top of the steak, or just put them on the side.