Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this recipe a few years back. I just sprinkled fish with some of my favorite seasonings and it turned out well. I have been making this for a few years and my fiance and I both enjoy it. Today I came up with a catfish soup recipe using this fish and I will be posting that as well. We really enjoyed the soup so I thought I'd post both recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray one or two casserole dishes or baking sheets with cooking spray or butter the dish with some butter.
- Place catfish in casserole dishes (or on baking sheets).
- Sprinkle top side of catfish first with salt, then garlic powder, then cayenne, chili powder and black pepper so that you get them a nice red color. I put the ingredients on in the order listed so I can see how much of each I am putting on. I go lightly on the cayenne powder and salt and heavier on the chili powder so that the seasonings are very visible. Adjust the seasonings to your personal taste.
- Turn fish over and season the other side the same way as above.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until fish flakes with a fork and it cooked thoroughly. Do not overbake because fish will become dry.
I used boneless catfish filets and was fairly generous with the spices. We enjoyed the meal, but beginner cooks might be better served with indicated amounts. My fish was done in in 15 minutes. Made for Spring Safari Pick A Chef 2013.