Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We eat steak once a week and I am always looking for new recipes for it. I first tried this one because My dad had a whole crop of zucchini that needed using up.
- 1 lb lean round steak, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup stuffed green olive, coarsely chopped
- oz.can diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (to taste)
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 cup zucchini, coarsely chopped and unpeeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown cubed beef and onion in olive oil in a deep skillet. Add olives, Cajun seasoning, and undrained tomatoes. Stir and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Cook pasta in boiling, salted water. Add the zucchini to the pasta for the last 5 minutes, to barely cook. Drain. Combine pasta/zucchini with the beef mixture in a baking dish. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle on cheddar cheese. Bake 30 minutes in a glass dish in the oven.