1 hr 30 mins
elle watson's Note:
this was a favorite of my mom's. good enough for a complete meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chuck, crumbled
- 1 lb pork sausage, crumbled,i like hot but mild is ok (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cut into small pieces (before cooking--partially freeze the bacon it is easier to cut up into small pieces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped coarse
- 8 -16 ounces mild cheddar cheese or 8 -16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (depending how cheesy you like it)
- 3 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1brown bacon in large skillet.
- 2-addonion before totally brown to saute' it.
- 3then add sausage and ground chuck.
- 4brown all the meat.
- 5drain all grease off.
- 6add pork n beans and all other ingredients (EXCEPT CHEESE) and cook on low until beans are cooked down.
- 7add cheese right before serving.
- 8you may keep the beans in a crock pot to keep them hot.
- 9great to take to cookouts or church dinners as they keep really well and taste great.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.8
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 921.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 21.9 g