1/1 Photo of Caesar Salad Dressing
Chef #457852 - bggio's Note:
This is a Classic Caesar Dressing and is the tastiest and very close to the original. The volumes have ranges as Caesar dressings are the best to play with for your own taste buds. I prefer with more garlic
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 romaine lettuce (whole leaves or torn in pieces)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups French bread, cubed 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 -6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 -8 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar or 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 eggs, Coddled see how to coddle eggs below
- 1/2-3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1Bake bread cubes 8 min 325 degrees and then fry lightly in some of the olive oil and garlic, as needed. Toss until crispy and golden.
- 2Set aside to drain on paper towels.
- 3Crush the garlic cloves and salt into a paste in a large wooden salad bowl, using the back of a wooden salad serving spoon.
- 4Add the anchovies and do the same. Add the Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, lemon juice and pepper. Whisk in the remaining oil until thoroughly combined.
- 5Add the grated Parmesan cheese and whisk again until combined.
- 6Add the coddled eggs and whisk until blended toss.
- 7Add lettuce and toss until coated Top with shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese. Serve.
- 8* To Make Coddled Eggs: Put egg (in the shell) in saucepan of room temperature water. Bring water to a simmer and simmer 1 minute. Drain and cool egg immediately by running cool water over it. It will be soft and the white still runny.
- 9Adding the eggs is optional but oh so good.
- 10The volumes have ranges to play with your own palette.
- 11Reserve left over dressing as it will keep for weeks.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caesar Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.6
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 125.6 mg
- Sodium 1672.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 23.8 g