Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 cup French bread, cut 1/2 in cube
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, Grated
- fresh ground pepper
- Wash and dry lettuce.
- Wrap and refrigerate.
- Warm bread cubes in 275F oven, tossing until hard and dry but not burnt.
- Mash garlic into side of large salad bowl.
- Ease egg into boiling water and boil exactly 1 minute, then crack into bowl, breaking it up with fork.
- Add salt.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil and worcestershire.
- Mix well. (Makes about 1/2 cup dressing.) Add lettuce leaves, tossing to coat thoroughly.
- Add Romano and pepper.
- Toss again.
- Arrange on 2 dinner plates.
- Garnish with croutons.