Recipe by Trish Kenney
From "Cook For a Day, Eat For a Month Lite and Easy"
Top Review by StacyW
Made this one during a OAMC session. Against my better judgement, I added the noodles and froze them already cooked. They turned to mush once I thawed out and reheated. The flavor was good. I will make again, but I'll just cook the noodles fresh that day.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup canned reduced-fat chicken broth
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, whole halved
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, undrained
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Advance Prep---Cook chicken; Cut into cubes. Slice green pepper. Halve mushrooms. Cook pasta according to package directions until just tender. Rinse in cold water; place in large pan of cold water; store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preparation---In large skillet combine broth, sliced green bell pepper, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Cook over medium-hign until green pepper slices are tender and cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chicken and drained pasta.
- Pour into labeled freezer bag; seal and freeze.
- To Serve---Thaw completely. Reheat in large skillet until heated through. Serve hot, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.