Mexican Stroganoff (Oamc)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream or (8 ounce) carton low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cut steak into bite size pieces.
- Cook and stir steak, onion, and garlic in oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until brown.
- Drain off oil.
- Stir in vinegar, water, chili sauce, paprika, chili powder, seasoned salt, soy sauce, and mushrooms into steak mixture.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour until meat is tender.
- Cool and store in freezer container.
- To prepare for serving, thaw meat mixture and heat in saucepan until bubbly.
- cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Stir sour cream or low-fat yogurt and flour together; combine with stroganoff.
- Heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, simmer, and stir about 1 minute.
- Serve stroganoff over noodels.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again