1/1 Photo of Cable Car (Cocktail)
This is from the top trend "cool cocktails" article in Bon Appetit's January '03 issue. This is "one of the most popular drinks at Nob Hill, the Vegas outpost of noted San Francisco chef Michael Mina. Serve it with old-fashioned cheese straws, and bring cocktail hour back at your house."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml superfine sugar, plus
- 14.79 ml superfine sugar
- 1Chill two Martini glasses in freezer.
- 2Bring 1/4 cup water to boil in heavy small saucepan over high heat. Add 1/4 cup sugar and stir until dissolved. Cool sugar syrup completely.
- 3On small plate, stir remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon to blend.
- 4Rub rims of chilled glasses with lemon wedge. Dip rims into cinnamon sugar to coat lightly.
- 5Combine ice, rum, lemon juice, curacao, and 2 tablespoons sugar syrup in cocktail shaker (reserve remaining sugar syrup for another cocktail -- can keep in pantry for a couple of weeks).
- 6Shake mixture until cocktail shaker becomes frosty.
- 7Strain mixture into prepared glasses.
- 8Garnish with orange peel twists and serve.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cable Car (Cocktail)
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
orange rind twists