Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great wintry vegetable dish, which turned my husband from a cabbage hater into a cabbage eater!
- 1 small white cabbage, roughly shredded
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (or to taste)
- Steam or boil the shredded cabbage until just tender, then drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and soften the onion with the caraway seeds.
- Mix the cabbage with the butter and onion, season to taste with salt and pepper, mix well, then serve hot.
Simply delicious cabbage! Caraway and cabbage are such a great match. The caraway smells wonderful while cooking. I made everything in 1 skillet instaed of boiling the cabbage first. This would be a great side to pretty much anything. Thanx for posting. I'll fix cabbage this way often.