My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle shredded cabbage liberally with salt and let stand in large bowl for 20 minutes.
- 2After standing time, wring cabbage tightly in large kitchen towel to release moisture.
- 3Heat oil; brown onion and garlic.
- 4Add cabbage; cook until well browned.
- 5Add pepper; cool completely.
- 6Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 7Place one phyllo leaf on clean dampened kitchen towel. Working quickly, brush with melted butter and sprinkle 1 tablespoon bread crumbs.
- 8Repeat with remaining phyllo leaves.
- 9Spread cabbage mixture in a thick row down center.
- 10Lifting ends of towel, enfold filling completely (jellyroll style).
- 11Place seam side down on lightly buttered baking sheet.
- 12Brush top and sides with melted butter.
- 13Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.4
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 254.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: