Recipe by Big MAMA II
This recipe has been a favorite of our family for generations, it is cheap, fills you up and tastes good to boot. The trick is to know how every one likes there cabbage cooked, I hope you will enjoy this meal as much as we have.
- 1 kg rump steak (this can be substituted with lamb,mince. )
- 2 onions
- 200 g diced bacon (optional) or 200 g bacon joint (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups water
- black pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 heads cabbage
- 1 dash soya sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- melt butter/marg in pot add meat to slightly brown meat, add diced onions and stir through, add diced bacon and / or bacon bones, soya sauce, add water, add a sprinkle of black pepper and stir through. Bring to boil for 10 minutes then let simmer for 20 minutes. Add sliced Cabbage to pot and leave simmer for another 5 - 10 minutes depending on how well you want your cabbage to be cooked.
- SERVE WITH RICE!