Recipe by *Parsley*
This goes with pretty much any type of meat or seafood.
Top Review by Chef Mommagonemadx4
This was an AWESOME recipe!! My husband and I love cabbage but our kids are not fans...so I was looking for a recipe that would appeal to them as well as us. I did make some changes as to what I had on hand and it was warm, cheesy, and just comfy! This will definitely be in my recipe box for years to come. Here are the changes I made: I used 2 heads of Cabbage, 1 tbsp Garlic Powder, 1 c. 2% Milk, 1 c. Whipping Cream, and 1 1/2 c. Swiss Cheese, shredded, and Panko breadcrumbs instead of crackers. All other ingredients were the same. It was so rich and yummy!!! When I have the regular ingredients I plan on trying it that way too. It was so pretty I just had to post pictures of it too!! Thank you Parsley for sharing this recipe! :)
- 1 small head green cabbage, cored and chopped
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 44.37 ml flour
- 473.18 ml low-fat milk
- 2.46 ml mustard powder
- 1.23-2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese, sharp preferred
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml crushed cracker crumb
- 1.23 ml paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 baking dish; set aside.
- Cook cabbage in boiling salted water until tender. Drain well; keep hot and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the 3 tbsp butter in a saucepan. Saute the onion and garlic til soft but not browned.
- Stir the flour into the butter/onions/garlic until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the milk and keep stirring until mixture thickens.
- Add the mustard powder, salt, pepper and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Mix the cooked cabbage with the sauce and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Mix the melted butter and cracker crumbs and sprinkle over top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.