Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From my collection of handwritten recipes 1960's.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed to 1 1/2 cups
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 cabbage leaves
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine beef, corn flakes, onion, and spices. Add 1/2 of tomato sauce. Mix well. Divide into 8 portions.
- Steam cabbage leaves until limp, about 5 minutes.
- Fold leaves in half. Place portion of meat mixture at stem end of each cabbage leaf and roll up. Place in fry pan.
- Add remaining tomato sauce and water. Cover and simmer, until meat is done, about 30 minutes.
I made these last night and they were thoroughly enjoyed by everyone! Very easy to make and tasty which means it will be made again!! Thank you CJAY for the recipe!