Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I'm always on the lookout for cabbage recipes to use on the boat. This one really caught my eye, balsamic vinegar and Gorgonzola, how can you go wrong! Time indicated includes chilling time.
- 4 cups finely shredded greed cabbage
- 4 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 tart apples, such as Granny Smith, unpeeled, cored and copped into 1/4 inch dices
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces sharp gorgonzola, crumbled
- chopped parsley
- To Make Dressing:.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cram, vinegar and pepper.
- Stir in Gorgonzola.
- To Make Salad:.
- In a large bowl, combine the green and red cabbage, apples, walnuts and green onions.
- Add the dressing and vinegar and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Additional vinegar can be added if needed.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Wow, another great recipe. My husband won't eat my regular coleslaw and doesn't care for gorgonzola but he liked this cabbage and apple slaw so much he took the left overs to work for lunch. I wouldn't change a thing in this recipe. Made for ZWT5.