Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gourmet. November 1990.
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups coarsely shredded red cabbage
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- In a bowl stir together the yogurt, the sour cream, and the honey, add the cabbage, the apple, the onion, the parsley, and salt and pepper to taste, and stir the salad until it is combined well.
i tried to make this a low fat salad with fat freee yogurt and reduced fat sour cream. i found the salad very very bland.
I was intrigued by a creamy slaw that didn't use mayonnaise. I made this as described, except I used a packaged coleslaw cabbage mix for convenience and freeze-dried parsley flakes. At first I thought it tasted strong, but after sitting in the fridge for a day or two to let the flavors blend, it mellowed somewhat, and I really liked it. (what a relief, as I made a double batch)