Recipe by tree luee dee
It's funny....when going through recipes to find one to post, each recipe brings back a memory. This is from a girl I met when our boys were in pre-school together. The boys are in college now, so this is a tried and true recipe. Anyway, this cake is fabulous. You can also substitute blueberry pie filling for the cherry. What I've also done is made these into mini muffins. I put a little batter into each muffin cup then put a tad of cherry pie filling onto each of the muffins, and voila, you have these buttery muffins with cherry filling hiding inside. YUMMY!
- 236.59 ml butter (no substitutes)
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 595.33 g can cherry pie filling
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add almond extract.
- Mix in flour and baking powder.
- Mix until smooth.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Spoon mixture (will be very thick) into pan and spread evenly.
- Spoon cherry pie filling ONTO cake batter in 1/4 Cup allotments.
- I usually put about 6- 1/4 cup dollops of cherry pie filling around the entire cake.
- No need to stir the pie filling in as it will settle into the batter as baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minute.
- Remember, you can substitute any other kind of pie filling, blueberry, apple, etc.
- Dust with powdered sugar (optional).