Recipe by Derf
Sweet, Sweet, Ricotta Butterscotch Treat for entry into Ready Set Cook, spring.
Top Review by bunkie68
Very easy and very good! I loved the butterscotch chips as frosting. The cake part wasn't too sweet, but it went nicely with the sweetness of the chips. It made a really rich dessert. Thanks for sharing, Derf!
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (or 1/2 cup brown sugar twin)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (or 1/2 cup splenda)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 30 pecan halves
- 1 (300 g) bag butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together ricotta cheese, brown and white sugars, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- combine flour, baking powder, salt and chopped pecans, mix and add to cheese mixture.
- Mix well.
- Spray an 8 x 8 pan with veggie spray.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in a 350f degree oven for 30 minutes or until cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack and while still hot, shake butterscotch chips evenly over top.
- As the chips melt, spread over entire surface with a spatula.
- (If the chips are slow in melting, place the pan under the broiler for a minute, then spread.) Place half pecans so that when cut there will be a pecan in the centre of each square.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Place pan in refrigerator to help set the topping.
- Store in refrigerator.