Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this from a friend at church. I thought she had slaved for hours preparing this wonderful cake. Just proves once more, it is the simple things in life that are good. Take this to your next pot-luck dinner party and you will be swamped with requests for your secret recipe.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box butterscotch pudding mix (4 serving box, cooked, not instant)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (ounces may vary with brand, use 1 average cake mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, etc)
- Prepare pudding according to package directions and allow to cool .
- Stir cake mix into pudding and mix well. Batter will be thick.
- Spread batter into greased and floured 9x13x2 baking dish.
- Sprinkle nuts and butterscotch morsel evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Can be served with cool whip or ice cream but is great all by itself.