Recipe by JCrosgrey
This recipe has been made for many generations in my Mother in Law's family. It is one of the most delicious pies that you will ever have!
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons cake-and-pastry flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 9 in.baked pastry shell
- 2 egg whites
- 6 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In medium saucepan mix the brown sugar, flour and salt.
- Over medium heat, gradually add the milk and mix well.
- Beat egg yolks and add to the mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Add butter and mix until melted.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Whip egg whites and sugar until medium peaks form.
- Pour mixture into baked pie shell.
- Swirl meringue onto top of pie.
- Bake approximately 10 minutes until tips of meringue are light brown.
- Cool completely on pie rack.
- Wrap loosely with plastic wrap, and store in refridgerator over night.