Recipe by the80srule
From Generations of Recipes, I'm not sure how butterscotch-y this would turn out but it still looks utterly delicious. Could probably also make in a bread machine using the quickbread cycle.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Lazy way: put everything into a bread machine according to manufacturer's directions, and use the Quickbread cycle! (Mine works quite well.).
- Real way: Beat the egg. Add the sugar gradually, continually beating.
- Add the butter and blend.
- Add the dry ingreidents alternately with the buttermilk, and blend well until mixed.
- Add the nuts.
- Pour into a buttered loaf pan (book recommends 8 1/2 x 2 3/4, I think 9 x 4 would work too) and bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes.