Tasty treats good for any occasion, these haystacks are mounded with a mixture of peanut butter, butterscotch chips, marshmallows and chow mein noodles. To enjoy in a snap, make them the microwave way.
- Microwave morsels in large, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high (70 percent) power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter until well-blended.
- Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; toss until coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Double Boiler Method: Melt morsels over hot (not boiling) water; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; proceed as above.