Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty treats good for any occasion, these haystacks are mounded with a mixture of peanut butter, butterscotch chips, marshmallows and chow mein noodles. To enjoy in a snap, make them the microwave way.
- Microwave morsels in large, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high (70 percent) power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter until well-blended.
- Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; toss until coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Double Boiler Method: Melt morsels over hot (not boiling) water; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; proceed as above.
Delicious! And, so simple!! (I did the microwave method.) I also substituted original-flavoured potato sticks for the chow mein noodles, as suggested by Steve. As they look like little birds' nests, I think I'll try them again for Easter and put little jelly beans ("eggs") in the centre.
Really easy and really GOOD!!!I will be making these little gems a lot!Thanks for posting this one.
This is one of my favorite recipes of all times!!! My daughter had to make a snack for her class that started with the letter N, so we used this recipe and made nests, we filled them with speckled jelly beans. They look adorable!