Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This cake is just so buttery and rich tasting...this is such a wonderful cake.
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch baking bits
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half or 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter (no subs please)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter (no subs please)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Mix the dry CRUMB TOPPING ingredients (flour and sugar) together cut in the butter until crumbly; add in the pecans; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butterscotch chips; stirring until smooth.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with the milk until smooth; stir in the melted baking chips; mix until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut in the cold butter, until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In a small/medium bowl,combine the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; stir into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon, JUST until moistened.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon the melted butterscotch mixture over the batter in the pan (you may swirl with a knife to marble or just leave as is, it is your choice).
- Top with the remaining cake batter.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.