Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Butterscotch is one of my favorite flavors and who doesn't love Butterfingers.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (17 ounce) jar butterscotch sundae sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 1⁄3 ounces butterfinger candy bars, coarsley crushed
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 12 holes in warm cake.
- Pour butterscotch topping over cake; cool completely.
- Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with candy bars.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.