Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is Paula Deen's recipe and it's awesome! So easy and yummy...has no flour or eggs. My family and friends love these bars.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (11 ounce) bag butterscotch chips, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in melted butter. Press mixture firmly into bottom of a 13 x 9 pan. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup morsels with condensed milk. Microwave on High in 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth (about 2 minutes). Pour mixture over crumbs. Sprinkle remaining morsels and cashews on top. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, til lightly browned. Let them cool completely before cutting into bars.
These bars were very good. I made them for my husband's bible study group and they were a hit. Thanks Vee-rah!
If these GREAT TASTING BARS last until tomorrow, they'll be part of a finger food buffet for a group of us celebrating the 4th of July! Right now I'm down to 20 bars & counting ~ Guess I can always make another batch, since these are very easy to make! I especially like the combo of salty nuts & sweet butterscotch ~ VERY, VERY NICE! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed, in New Kids on the Block tag]