Recipe by crazycookinmama
These are very moist brownies, I made them for a gift for Christmas, and they were a hit!!! I got this out of the Betty Crocker Big Red Cookbook.
Top Review by tazbabe07
Thank you so much for posting this recipe. Mine is a Better Homes & Gardens recipe and is packed away. These brownies are the easiest to make and I've been making them since 1981. The ingredients are simple and usually on hand. I made a double batch at 11pm last night...yummmy
- 59.14 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts, if desired
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350³F.
- Grease bottom and sides of square pan, 8x8x2 inches, with shortening.
- Melt butter in 1 1/2 quart saucepan over low heat; remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, vanilla, milk and egg.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- For brownies, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows while warm.