1/6 Photos of Butterscotch Apple Crisp #2
1 hr 15 mins
Try bringing the fun of caramel apples into your kitchen with this Butterscotch Apple Crisp. Chopped nuts and oatmeal make for a chewy and delicious baked dessert perfect for crisp Fall nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 2/3 cups butterscotch chips (11-oz. pkg)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- 2FOR APPLE LAYER:.
- 3Arrange apples in 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 4Combine butterscotch chips, sugar, flour and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over apples.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes.
- 6FOR TOPPING:.
- 7Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl.
- 8Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until crumbly.
- 9Stir in nuts and oats; sprinkle over apple layer.
- 10Bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned.
- 11Cool slightly.
- 12Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Apple Crisp #2
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.6
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 135.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g