Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Squash and Blue Cheese, Yummy
Make and share this Butternut Squash With Pecans and Blue Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Halve the squash, peel and scoop out the seeds. Cut the squash into 1in cubes -
- Place into a roasting tin and drizzle with the oil. Strip about four sprigs of thyme of their leaves (or use dried thyme) and sprinkle over the butternut squash.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for about 30-45 minutes, or until tender.
- Once out of the oven, remove the squash to a bowl. Scatter over the pecans and crumble over the cheese, stirring everything together gently. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, tear the remaining sprigs of thyme into small pieces and sprinkle over the top of the butternut squash mixture.
This was just okay for me. I thought the blue cheese over powered the squash, I will try it again with less blue cheese. Thanks
This was delicious! I saw this on the Food Network, and had to try it. I peeled the squash, even though you don't have to. Also, I added the pecans during the last 10 minutes of roasting to bring out their flavor. I accidentally picked up Gorgonzola cheese instead of blue, but it was still amazing! It's nice to have a savory way to eat the squash, instead of the typical brown sugar or maple syrup flavors. Thank you for posting!