- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and cut into large chunks
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry paste (you choose the strength!)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions for 4 - 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic, squash, sweet potatoes, potato and apple. Stir in the curry paste, turmeric powder, ginger, bay leaves, stock and seasoning to taste.
- Bring to the boil, stir well, then cover for 15 - 20 minutes until vegetables are cooked to liking. Stir from time to time.
- Serve with boiled basmati rice.