Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Good, clean, wholesome vegetable dish for anyone who likes the taste of curry to enjoy
Make and share this Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and cut into large chunks
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry paste (you choose the strength!)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions for 4 - 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic, squash, sweet potatoes, potato and apple. Stir in the curry paste, turmeric powder, ginger, bay leaves, stock and seasoning to taste.
- Bring to the boil, stir well, then cover for 15 - 20 minutes until vegetables are cooked to liking. Stir from time to time.
- Serve with boiled basmati rice.
Great tasting meatless dish! Loved that it could be put together quickly - it simmered while I made coucous.
My whole family loved this, so it's a keeper! I made some changes to suit our tastes -- left out the butternut squash, added drained & cubed tofu and green beans, and used only half the turmeric called for. It made it perfect for us. Thanks for the recipe!
This was the perfect curry for a cool fall evening. I doubled the recipe, but only used 3 cups of stock, which was plenty of liquid. As per another reviewer's suggestion, I added a can of chickpeas to increase the protein content. Next time I might try adding a few raisins for added sweetness. I served it over brown rice, and topped it with slivered almonds. Thanks for sharing a keeper.