Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this recipe in the Quad Cities Times. Can't wait to try it!!
Make and share this Butternut Squash Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 2 cups shredded butternut squash
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- cream cheese frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients; mix together. Add vegetable oil; stir. Beat in one egg at a time until thoroughly mixed together.
- In a food processor, finely chop walnuts. Place in batter and mix.
- Peel and remove seeds from butternut squash. Use food processor to shred butternut squash. Place in batter and mix. (Make sure to measure the shredded squash; one butternut squash should be more than 2 cups). Add milk 1/2 cup at a time and mix.
- Butter and flour two 8-inch cake pans (can use nonstick vegetable spray). Pour batter evenly into pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool. Remove from pans and frost with cream cheese frosting if you choose. Can add layers together to make a 2-layer cake.