Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This sounds really good. From Lydie Marshall's "Slow-CookedComfort".
Make and share this Butternut Squash Braised With Cream and Fresh Thyme recipe from Food.com.
- Cover the squash with a generous amount of salted water in a large saucepan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- In a slow cooker, combine the squash, butter, onions, garlic, cream and salt and pepper.
- Set the cooker on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours, adding the fresh thyme in the last hour of cooking.
- When the squash is tender, turn off the slow cooker.
- This dish can sit for an hour or two before serving.
This was wonderful. I loved the rich, savory flavor. I liked that it's mostly made in the crockpot, but it seems very adaptable to the stove top if needed. I think this would be an ideal side dish for a Thanksgiving meal. Thanx!