Hazelnut Chicken with Orange Thyme Cream
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Elegant and romantic dinner for two. From Shelter Harbor Inn - Westerly, RI.
- Ready In:
- 1 large orange
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast half
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped husked hazelnuts
- 1⁄3 cup fine fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten to blend with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Remove peel and white pith from orange.
- Cut between membranes with small sharp knife to release orange segments.
- Using flat mallet or rolling pin, pound chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper to thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Combine hazelnuts, bread crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon thyme on large plate.
- Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip into egg, then into hazelnut mixture, shaking off excess.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown and springy to touch, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plates.
- Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Stir cream, orange juice, liqueur and 1/8 teaspoon thyme into skillet and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 2/3 cup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add orange sections.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a fantastic gourmet dinner. We used 4 small chicken breasts and found there was enough sauce for the 4 of us. I made a few substitutions: Macadamia nuts for the hazelnuts, half-n-half for the heavy cream, and Amarula liquour for the Frangelico. Using the half-n-half, and making this 4 servings instead of two, really cut back on the fat content yet it was still creamy and delicious. Thanks for posting!Reply
Excellant! Sauteed nut encrusted boneless chicken breast with an enchanting and delectable cream sauce flavored with orange, thyme and Frangelico. I followed the well written directions, and made no changes except for having to substitute macadamia nuts. I breaded the chicken 2 hours prior which made cooking the dish easy and quick. This would be the perfect main course for a dinner party or special occasion. I will treasure this recipe>1Reply