- 1⁄2 cup frozen butternut squash, cubes defrosted
- 1 teaspoon minced sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1 medium Red Delicious apple, cubed
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 pinch allspice
- ground cardamom (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine squash, onion, and broth in a pot and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Add 3/4 of the apple.
- Puree mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Add milk and pepper.
- Garnish with the remaining apple and cardamom; serve.