Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
easy as 1 ...2....3...its creamy texture is perfect for sandwiches,,,
Make and share this Buttermilk Rye Bread Machine Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄8 fresh buttermilk (5 tbsp. dry buttermilk powder and 1 3/8 water)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons room temperature butter or 2 tablespoons solid margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (bread flour)
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- place all into machine.
- select light setting.
- bake-- when done remove out of pan onto wire rack--.
This bread is wonderful and will be a regular in this household. I just toasted up some for breakfast this AM. I used buttermilk powder and all-purpose flour rather than bread flour and used more gluten than called for. The bread rose up very well. I also used 1 tablespoon caraway seeds. I will move this to my "Tried & True" file.
Another great bread Andy! I did add just alittle more brown sugar to mine. The bread turned out perfect. Nice texture. Its another keeper in my bread book! Even DH raised a eyebrow and said it was good.(He is not a rye bread man) Thanks for sharing another Heavenly Bread! :)
Andy.... this bread is as good as any bakery shop.. dh loves rye bread, however; very picky. He said it was 10 star all the way and I agree.. only change I made was to use 1 tablespoon caraway seeds.. so glad I ran across your recipe........nita