Black Forest Pumpernickel Bread Machine Loaf
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 1 1⁄8 cups warm water
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients into your bread maker according to manufacture.
- Select type to a light crust.
- Press start.
- Remembering to check while starting to knead.
- If mixture is too dry add a tablespoon warm water at a time.
- If mixture is too wet add flour again a little at a time.
- Mixture should go into a ball form, and just soft and slightly sticky to the finger touch.
- This goes for all types of breads when kneading.
- This recipe makes a one and half pound loaf size.
Join The Conversation
This is the third time making this loaf. New yeast, quality flour, water was warmed to 125 degrees. Using a Breadman machine, white with light crust. mix looked a little dry so added a TSP of warm water. balled up and looked good before rise. all three loaves turned out about the same. Been using the ingredients with other similar recipes with a lot better results. Really want to know what I'm doing wrong.