Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and so good.
Make and share this Buttermilk Cinnamon Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the buttermilk until warm to the touch.
- Pour the buttermilk and oil into the yeast mixture; mix well.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir the flour mixture into the liquid 1 cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 20 times.
- Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out into a large rectangle.
- Spread the brown sugar and butter mixture over the dough, roll up into a log and pinch the seam to seal.
- Slice into 1 inch pieces and place cut side up in a lightly greased 10x15 baking pan.
- Cover and let rise 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- If baking immediately, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
These are absolutely fantastic! Light, delicious but not too sweet, easy. I tried them first as is, and then, because we are only 2, the next time I split the dough in half and used half the cinnamon recipe here, and the other half savory, with parmesan cheese (1/2 cup) and Kalamata olives diced fine (1/2 cup). Also delicious! I highly, highly recommend these.
This is an awesome recipe! I used to make my cinnamon roll dough in my bread machine (not this recipe), my poor bread machine is dusty now. I always top off the warm cinnamon rolls shortly after removing from the oven with a cream cheese frosting, so good!!!
Yes with the adjustment of 325 on the baking temp. These turn out GREAT! Thank you!