1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Cinnamon Rolls
1 hr 5 mins
Easy and so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- 3In a small saucepan, heat the buttermilk until warm to the touch.
- 4Pour the buttermilk and oil into the yeast mixture; mix well.
- 5Combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- 6Stir the flour mixture into the liquid 1 cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- 7Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 20 times.
- 8Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 9In a small bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 10On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out into a large rectangle.
- 11Spread the brown sugar and butter mixture over the dough, roll up into a log and pinch the seam to seal.
- 12Slice into 1 inch pieces and place cut side up in a lightly greased 10x15 baking pan.
- 13Cover and let rise 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 14If baking immediately, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 15Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- 16Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1264.8
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1030.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 180.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 70.9 g
- Protein 19.2 g