Blue Ribbon Buttermilk Cinnamon Rolls
- Ready In:
- 1hr 37mins
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 2 1⁄4 cups lukewarm water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Dissolve yeast into lukewarm water.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda, powdered buttermilk, and white sugar.
- Add half the flour mixture to the water and yeast mixture and beat well.
- Beat in melted butter.
- Add remaining flour mixture and mix lightly.
- Turn upside down on a floured board leaving bowl on top to cover.
- Let rise for 10 minutes.
- Remove bowl and knead until smooth.
- Cover with bowl again and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Roll dough out into a rectangle.
- Spread cream onto dough.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, brown sugar, and chopped nuts.
- Roll up and slice into 1 inch slices.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place in pan and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Top with cream cheese or powdered sugar icing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well, I am teaching myself how to be a good cook. My wife says that she has never seen anyone love food as much as my mother and I. I am always trying new things and try to add my twist on the recipe. Most of the time, I probably shouldn't have tried adding my twist, but hey, that is what cooking is all about... Trial and error...