Top Review by Derf
Great biscuits! they went really well with your Goulash; I used Splenda instead of sugar, it worked very well.Beautiful high risin golden biscuits, but I only baked them for about 20 minutes. Will be making them again, thanks for sharing.
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line large cookie sheet with parchment.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Cut in butter using pastry blender or fingers until mixture resembles fine meal.
- Beat buttermilk and egg in a small bowl to blend; add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined – do not overmix.
- Roll dough out on lightly-floured surface to 1 inch thick round.
- Cut out biscuits using floured 2-inch cutter.
- Gather and re-roll scraps; cut out additional rounds.
- Transfer to cookie sheet, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake until golden-brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool biscuits slightly before serving with lots of butter.