This is my biscuit recipe. These are so good, my kids will eat them cold.
Make and share this Buttermilk Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Put flour, lard, sugar, salt, baking soda in a food processor and mix until it resembles coarse meal (usually, just a few quick pulses with the food processor will do).
- If you don't have a food processor use a fork and cut lard into ingredients until it's blended thoroughly.
- Then put flour in a mixing bowl and add buttermilk.
- Mix just until ingredients are blended.
- Don't overmix or handle dough very much or your biscuits will be tough.
- Pour dough on a floured surface and GENTLY pat down until it's about 3/4" thick.
- You'll have to flour your hands to pat it down so it won't stick to you.
- Then use a biscuit cutter to cut biscuits out and place in a buttered cast iron skillet or baking pan.
- Use your index finger to place a slight indention in the center of each biscuit.
- This prevents the center from rising faster than the edges.
- Coat tops of biscuits with melted butter or margarine and bake at 425 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Super easy to throw together and soft and flaky. This one goes in my keeper file !!!
Great tasting biscuits. They rose beautifully. We were so pleased. Will make these from now on. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
So so good! The kids dug into them like there was no tomorrow! We will have these again and again as a side to many of our meals!