Recipe by BamaBelle30
This was found on the web when I was searching for muffin recipes. Hope you enjoy these!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 medium apples, peel, core and grate
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
LEMON ORANGE GLAZE
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons fine grated orange peel
Directions See How It's Made
- For muffins, preheat oven to 400ºF. Have ready 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat first 7 ingredients until blended, about 30 seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon and baking powder) and beat until dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not overbeat!
- Divide batter between the muffin cups and bake in a 400ºF oven for about 22-25 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and continue cooling on a rack.
- For glaze, stir together all ingredients until blended. Brush tops of muffins with glaze.