My daughter's number one favorite food I make are these soft, buttery rolls from "Bread Machine Magic." I have made these a million times and could do it in my sleep. The dough is a cinch to work with and they turn out exactly the same every time. Leftovers are great with jam. This bread dough makes a delicious kid-friendly pizza crust, too. Cooking time does not reflect the rising time. Recipe from "Bread Machine Magic."
- Place all ingredients except melted butter in pan.
- Select Dough Only setting and press start.
- When dough has risen long enough, the machine will beep.
- Remove dough from pan.
- Divide dough into 3 equal balls.
- Roll out each ball, one at a time, into a 9 inch circle (don't worry if you can't get it exactly 9 inch).
- (Note: I always start rolling my dough and let it rest for awhile and resume rolling. The resting helps relax the dough).
- With pizza cutter (works great!)or sharp knife, divide each circle into 8 wedges, as if cutting a pizza.
- Starting at the wide end, roll up each wedge toward the point.
- Cover and place in a warm oven (turn oven onto warm setting for 2 minutes and turn off, to make a good environment for dough).
- Let rise for 30 to 40 minutes until doubled.
- Remove sheet from oven to preheat oven!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven.
- Brush rolls lightly with melted butter.