Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My daughter's number one favorite food I make are these soft, buttery rolls from "Bread Machine Magic." I have made these a million times and could do it in my sleep. The dough is a cinch to work with and they turn out exactly the same every time. Leftovers are great with jam. This bread dough makes a delicious kid-friendly pizza crust, too. Cooking time does not reflect the rising time. Recipe from "Bread Machine Magic."
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teasoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup oil (can use shortening, too)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast (or what your bread machine uses)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- Place all ingredients except melted butter in pan.
- Select Dough Only setting and press start.
- When dough has risen long enough, the machine will beep.
- Remove dough from pan.
- Divide dough into 3 equal balls.
- Roll out each ball, one at a time, into a 9 inch circle (don't worry if you can't get it exactly 9 inch).
- (Note: I always start rolling my dough and let it rest for awhile and resume rolling. The resting helps relax the dough).
- With pizza cutter (works great!)or sharp knife, divide each circle into 8 wedges, as if cutting a pizza.
- Starting at the wide end, roll up each wedge toward the point.
- Cover and place in a warm oven (turn oven onto warm setting for 2 minutes and turn off, to make a good environment for dough).
- Let rise for 30 to 40 minutes until doubled.
- Remove sheet from oven to preheat oven!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven.
- Brush rolls lightly with melted butter.
Best bread recipe EVER. With this recipe, my husband thinks I'm an awesome breadmaster! Actually thanks to my breadmaker and this recipe, I feel like the bread master! The only changes that I did was used bread flour and skim milk. I forgot to brush the tops with butter but it doesn't need it. Try it if you want a tender, soft, buttery roll. I made hot dog buns with half of the dough and the other half is sitting in the freezer.. Don't know if I'll make rolls or cinnamon rolls next...
I agree these need 10 stars, I made them for Thanksgiving and I was sooo happy !!!! Thank You so much for sharing...I appreciate it.
These deserve 10 stars. Everyone loves them. I am constantly printing the recipe for people.