Prize-winning Crusty Rolls (bread Machine Dough Cycle)
photo by Sageca
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 55mins
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan as suggested by manufacturer.
- Choose dough cycle and start machine.
- Upon completion of the dough cycle, remove dough.
- Form rolls, place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm, draft-free location for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
I made these "per the recipe", the first time and have made them three times more with a few tweaks. Where on earth is this, "using the egg white for something other than putting it in the bread", even coming from! It completely changes the bread without it. Without egg white I might give it 2 stars. The other tweaks was using the entire egg which makes it a softer, richer, lighter bread which depending on the meal it went with I think I liked it better. The other thing I tried was adding a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of sugar. It was more like a dinner roll but still VERY good. 4 1/3 + 1 tablespoon of flour I found to be the perfect amount especially when using an entire egg. The dough is still a little sticky but totally workable.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Kansas City area and have many hobbies including cooking, reading and spending time with my husband and two children who are very active in sports now. I also have an eBay business which is a fun hobby that makes a little extra money! My interest in cooking focuses on making healthy dishes that are more satisfying than the higher fat and higher sugar versions. If I had a month off with no responsibilities, I would spend it at a luxury spa. <br /> <br /></p>