The presentation on these cupcakes is what really makes them special. You can make this with any cup cake batter recipe to. So learn the method, and take it to use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine, soften
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, melted
Lemon Butter Cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350F Place 12 cupcake holders in a muffin pan.
- 2Place all of the ingredients for the cake, except the melted chocolate in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until just smooth.
- 3Beat in the chocolate; spoon equal amounts of the batter into the cupcake holders, filling them about 3/4 the way full.
- 4Bake for 15 minutes, or until springy to the touch.
- 5Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- 6To make the butter cream, place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy, them gradually beat in the powdered sugar.
- 7Beat in the lemon rind and gradually beat in the lemon juice.
- 8When the cupcakes are cool, cut the top off of them, using a serrated knife.
- 9Cut each top in half and spread or pipe the butter cream frosting over the cut surface of each cake and push the two top pieces of the cake top into the frost to form wings.
- 10Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterfly Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.4
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 302.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of