photo by kelycarter_
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix (or any other flavor)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 -20 ounce) can lemon pie filling (or any other flavor)
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Prepare the cake mix according to manufacturers instructions. Pour into muffin pans lined with paper "baking cups" to prevent sticking to the pan while baking.
- Bake according to the manufacturers instructions and allow to fully cool. You should yield 12 - 24 cupcakes depending on the brand.
- Once totally cooled, cut the top off of the cupcake right above the part where the cupcake "mushrooms" -- Not Below!
- Place the tops to the side as they will be used later to top the cupcake (they are not "scraps" -- so do not eat!).
- Using a small pairing knife, cut a small circle on the top of the cupcake. Use a spoon to scoop cake from out of the hole (about a tablespoons worth).
- Fill the hole with pie filling (if the hole is about a tablespoon, then use 2 tablespoons of filling). Spread the excess filling over the top of the cupcake.
- Take one of the cupcake tops that was cut off earlier and cut it in half down the middle to create 2 half circles. Place the half circles with the rounded side facing "in" and the smooth baked side facing "up" back on top of the filled cupcakes. This will form a "Butterfly" shape on top of your cakes.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My secret indulgence? Grocery Shopping. I can literally spend hours roaming up and down the aisles of a Supermarket. Sound crazy? Not if you're a self described "Foodie" like me. I am fortunate enough to live in the city of Vancouver, British Columbia. The food community here is very rich in diversity, which has allowed me to sample tasty treats from all over the planet right here at home. Aside from the Supermarket, there are tons of smaller Ethnic Grocery Stores, Butcher shops and Bakeries here in the city. Vancouver is also home to the Granville Island Public Market - a food lovers haven! Imagine over 100 fresh produce, local seafood, speciatly meat and gourmet shops all in the same building... no wonder I love cooking so much! <a href="http://www.stickergiant.com/cooking-with-wine_y8565.html"> <img src="http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/250/y8565.gif" width="300"height="250"border="0" alt="Cooking With Wine"></a>