Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
almost my favorite cookie
Make and share this Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces chopped butterfinger candy bars
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cream together shortening, butter and peanut butter.
- Add sugars and cream well. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add to the shortening, butter and peanut butter. Add sugars and cream well.Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.Add to the shortening mix and blend together well.
- Add candy to cookie dough.
- Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Press down on cookies lightly with a fork.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes.cookies should be golden.
- Allow to set on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then place them on a rack to cool.
These cookies had an awesome flavo, and I loved the chunks of butterfinger candy bars in them, but for some reason, mine came out a bit crumbly and brittle. I was also confused about whether there was supposed to be any brown sugar in the dough since the word 'sugars' appear in the instructions, when only white sugar was called for in the ingredients. I made the recipe exactly as written, and the result was very good. Next time I make these, I'll add even more butterfinger pieces and see if I can solve the brittle texture mystery. Thanks for a great recipe.
This is a wonderful soft cookie with a crunchy surprise with the butterfinger chunks! I had a bit of trouble using the drop method becasue the dough seemed to want to fall apart a bit, so I just used a cookie scoop, rolled into a ball then flattened slightly with the fork and they came out great! I easily halved the batch which is a good thing because I could eat way too many!!:) Thanks for posting this treat!
This is the first time making these cookies and my grandchildren loved them! Huge hit all the way around. I did add more candy bar pieces in, as we love our Butterfingers! This is a new favorite of ours and ones I will be making often, especially when my grandchildren are around!