Recipe by grandma2969
almost my favorite cookie
Top Review by Two Socks
These cookies had an awesome flavo, and I loved the chunks of butterfinger candy bars in them, but for some reason, mine came out a bit crumbly and brittle. I was also confused about whether there was supposed to be any brown sugar in the dough since the word 'sugars' appear in the instructions, when only white sugar was called for in the ingredients. I made the recipe exactly as written, and the result was very good. Next time I make these, I'll add even more butterfinger pieces and see if I can solve the brittle texture mystery. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces chopped butterfinger candy bars
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cream together shortening, butter and peanut butter.
- Add sugars and cream well. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add to the shortening, butter and peanut butter. Add sugars and cream well.Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.Add to the shortening mix and blend together well.
- Add candy to cookie dough.
- Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Press down on cookies lightly with a fork.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes.cookies should be golden.
- Allow to set on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then place them on a rack to cool.